Wednesday, December 7, 2022

My Sister's Tenth Quilt


This is my sister's tenth quilt.  She made it for her grandson's first birthday.  You can probably tell that the family loves baseball!  My sister was originally going to do a different pattern, but when I sent her pictures of stripe quilts she decided she wanted to make one of them instead.  

She came over to my house one day and I cut it out for her.  She pieced it on my machine.  We were able to do the quilt top in the morning while our kids were at school.  


I later quilted it on the long arm with two different colors of thread: red and gray.

 
Changing thread colors is not my favorite, but what this quilt needed.  The quilting shows up on the back much better.  (Although the backing is navy blue minky not gray.)


I did the binding for my sister as well.  She was able to give it to him at his party.  


Her son and daughter-in-law love the quilt and I'm sure her grandson will too.  

XX,
Jasmine

4 comments:

  1. Another fun quilt, with lovely snuggly Minky backing. Here's to her next ten quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Thread changes do add extra work, but the quilt definitely is the better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to hate changing thread colors but it no longer bothers me. I feel like if I just dig in and get it done and don't think about it it goes quickly;) And in the end I am satisfied with the effort. I am sure you are too! Your sister and you make a great team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt! I do love Minkee backs. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!