Thursday, December 1, 2022

More Quilts for Kids


This is the Whirling I Spy quilt I worked on at the Quilts for Kids scrap quilt workshop.  


I was able to finish the quilt top while I was there.  


After I finished the Modern Pearls quilts I was able to load it on my long arm and quilt it with a simple stipple.  



There was enough backing provided to use as a binding. 


Then I added the label.


This baby quilt was so fast and so much fun to finish that I decided to work on the other six I brought home.  They were all pieced by other volunteers and finished by me.  

Two Spider-Man quilts with different bindings.  (I noticed one was upside down later.)


The backings are a little wonky, but Cheetah approves.  


There was a cute taxi cab quilt with a pieced backing. 



There was a beautiful red and black floral with a red backing.



There was a cute teddy bear sailor quilt with a striped backing.



The last quilt had some cute bear fabric with a pieced backing.



Now they all sit in a pile until I can get them washed and delivered to one of my local quilt shops which is a drop-off location.  I hope to do that very soon.  


I loved working on these quilts and look forward to making more for Quilts for Kids.  

XX,
Jasmine

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's fantastic, Jasmine. I bet those Spiderman quilts are going to be a huge hit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The backing on the first one is really pretty. The spiderman backing is some I have in my stash or maybe I used it already, can't remember! Come January I plan to do some donation quilts too, you are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilts are all great but I am partial to I Spy quilts. Nice job quilting and finishing them. I'm sure the recipients will love them! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!