Monday, December 19, 2022

My Crocheted Blanket


Two weeks ago I received some new yarn and crochet hooks (along with some other stuff) in the neighborhood ladies gift exchange.  I was really excited to try out the yarn because it was so fuzzy.  The crochet hooks were also larger than I had ever used before.  

I used that yarn to make a striped scarf.


I loved it so much that I wanted to make a whole blanket!  I went the next day to buy some more  Bernat blanket yarn.  I chose purple because it was my favorite color.  I guessed that seven skeins would be enough for a blanket of my favorite size, approximately 60 by 72 inches.  I was right! 


I started out with a row of chain stitches using a P hook and used my new Christmas Bear quilt to check the length.  It was 82 chain stitches.  Then I decided to just single crochet the whole thing.  


81 single crochets was the perfect size.  I loved how both the large crochet hook and the yarn felt in my hands.  


The yarn was so soft and fuzzy that I never wanted to stop.  The crochet hook was so nice that my hand never cramped.  


I just kept going and going whenever I could. I even crocheted while playing Pokemon TCG with Panda.  


Monkey approved of the fuzzy yarn after the fourth skein.


Then on one cold, snowy day last week Kitty and I finished the seventh skein.  (She likes "helping" me pull the yarn.)


Kitty kept throwing the yarn ball in the air and at me.  "Score!" she said.  Then she used the string as a roller coaster for Foxy.


I just kept crocheting and got it finished.  Over 1,500 yards of yarn and only 2 yards left over.  


I wish you could just feel the texture and weight of this awesome blanket.


I put it on the sofa for a picture.  


But Kitty quickly pulled it off for a snuggle.


I finished it in less than seven days.  Now the only problem is that I want one in every color of the rainbow. 

XX,
Jasmine

P.S.  I am now all caught up with blogging and hope to keep it that way while I can.  My blogging will definitely be slowing down.  (No more six posts per week.)  

2 comments:

  1. I've never done crochet or knitting, but it does look really appealing. I love how the variegation of the thread makes different repeat patterns across the blanket. Congratulations on getting caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered where you were the past few days, LOL. Crocheting is so relaxing, I love making hats for donation and I used to do lots of baby booties. Your blanket just looks so cozy so I can see why you had a hard time putting it down:)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!