Saturday, December 10, 2022

Christmas with 3 Sisters


My mom bought a fat quarter bundle of It Came Upon a Midnight Clear by 3 Sisters for Moda.  We realized that if we just added a few more fabrics that it would be enough for two Christmas quilts.  One is for her and one is for me.  We cut the quilts out at her house one Tuesday.  I finished mine later that week.  

I started by laying out all of the large prints on the design wall.  (Our rectangles are cut out at 5 by 10 inches.)


Then I added in the smaller and less busy fabrics.  I shifted the busy prints as I needed to.  


Another day I pieced the quilt top.


I used these large HST as leaders and enders.  They are squared up at 8 inches unfinished.


They are leftovers from one of my mom's projects.  I have decided to separate them into the warm and cool colors instead of combining them.  There is probably enough fabric for three quilts.  (I'm not very good at sticking with leaders and enders.  The cool color quilt top is already finished.)

Another day I quilted it on the Bernina Q24 with the loopy spiral.


I put the binding on later that night after the kids were in bed.



It looked so pretty the next morning on the sofa in my bedroom.  


Now it is on the landing with some other quilts waiting for snuggles.


I decided to name this quilt "Christmas with 3 Sisters" because the fabrics are designed by 3 Sisters and I have three sisters.  

XX,
Jasmine

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the quilt has a perfect name. I don't work with leaders and enders much myself, and I would probably find it hard not to move things on to a finish as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to keep your Christmas quilt idea in mind for leftovers from a fat quarter bundle I have.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!