Monday, September 12, 2022

My Sister's Sixth Quilt

 

This quilt is for my sister's twelve year old son.  He loves the galaxy and space decorations as well as cool colors.  This is the pattern and layout my sister chose to make for him.  We cut the blocks out with my mother's AccuQuilt machine using the 3.5 by 6.5 inch rectangle die.  


She took all the pieces home and sewed the quilt top there.  


Partway through the process she decided to make it a queen size quilt instead of a twin size quilt.  She bought more fabric to add borders.  I think it looks so much prettier with the borders.  She added the borders at my house and we tried it out on Cheetah's bed.  


I quilted it on the Bernina Q24.  


I quilted it with large and small spirals to seem like galaxies.  


I love the texture from the quilting, especially right when it comes off the quilting frames.  


The main part of the backing is an old fabric from my mother's stash.  It fits perfectly in with his love of the night sky.  


There wasn't quite enough of the fabric when she changed it to queen size, so she added a black strip to one end.  


I trimmed it up and added the binding for her.  


Miss Kitty was the first one to test out the quilt when it was finished in December of 2020.  I love that her outfit matches the quilt right where she was sitting.  


It was so much fun helping my sister with this quilt.  I have a couple more of her quilts to share as I catch up on my blogging.  

XX,
Jasmine

1 comment:

  1. The backing fabric for the quilt is so perfect, as are the swirls you chose for the quilting. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!