Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Monkey's Pokemon Quilt


Monkey requested a pokemon quilt with minky on the back.  So I decided to make him another lap quilt instead of a new bed quilt.  


I found some cute Pokemon fabric at a local quilt shop.  He said he didn't want me to cut it up and cut into the Pokemon.  So I just added borders to get it to the right size.  I picked yellow and black to resemble Pikachu's colors.  


The quilt top came together really fast and then I got it loaded on the Bernina Q24.  


I quilted it with a loopy line, making the loops as round as possible.  I wanted them to mimic pokeballs.  


I trimmed it up and bound it in more black.  


Quilting adds such great texture.


Monkey loves his Pokemon quilt.


It looks cute on his bed, even if it is only about 60 x 70 inches.  


I love making quilts for my family.

Panda also absolutely loves Pokemon, so out of the leftover fabric I was able to make him a drawstring bag.  I also made one for Panda to give to his friend.  


I think it turned out super cute and I love seeing him use the bag.  

XX,
Jasmine

2 comments:

  1. It's clear your family loves your gift of quilts. The pokemon quilt is fun, and the drawstring bag(s) look very handy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monkey sure is growing up! I love the photo of him all wrapped up in his new quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!