Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Picnic Quilt


The first week of December 2020 I decided to make a picnic quilt for family in New Hampshire for Christmas.  I thought about buying two flat sheets and quilting them but couldn't find sheets that I liked.  So I went shopping in the clearance section at a local quilt shop. 

I found some cute modern triangle fabric in aqua and pink and decided to keep it simple.  The blue fabric was sewn together and a black border added.  The quilt top is about 70 x 90 inches.  A nice twin size if they decided to put it on a bed.   Two different pink triangle fabrics were pieced together for the backing.  Then I loaded it on the long arm.  


I decided to quilt it with some random mostly horizontal wiggly lines.  It has some amazing texture.  


Miss Bunny decided to test it out while I was making the binding and it was still hanging off the long arm.  Of course her favorite side was the pink side.  


It was a fun fast finish for my sister-in-law.  I had plenty of time to mail it to New Hampshire before Christmas.  





The top is my favorite, but I told my sister-in-law that she could use the pink side when her granddaughter comes to visit.  

XX,
Jasmine

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the fast quilts can be the most satisfying to make and gift, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!