Friday, September 16, 2022

Studio Changes


There was a period of time during 2020 that my husband's work-from-home-office was in part of my sewing room.  It was becoming harder for me to find time to quilt.  It turned out that even 20 feet apart the people he spoke with on the phone could hear my little sewing machine.  They said it sounded like a car running.  So after a time we moved his office to the guest room in the basement.  

I took over that corner for a play area for Bunny and moved the Tiara by my sewing machine.


The table in the corner made a great quilt fort.


The playpen moves around the room, but can hang out in front of the design wall/quilt display.  


My mom's AccuQuilt found a semi-permanant space in my cutting table.  I help her cut out most of her quilts so that works well for both of us.  


The rainbow tower by the window is my rainbow scrap storage.  It moves around the room as I need.


We have started calling the studio the Girls' Playroom. We all love to play in here.  


 It is also a great place to make a bed and rest.  


I'm so grateful I can keep quilting with the girls' company (and not disturb my husband when he is working from home).  

XX,
Jasmine

1 comment:

  1. Figuring out how to work from home together can definitely be a challenge. I had to stop sewing and quilting every time my husband took a work call as well. Sounds like you all found a good compromise that worked well for the entire family.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!