Monday, September 26, 2022

Cheetah's Magic Carpet Quilt


When I discussed making a bed quilt for Cheetah, he told me that the quilt he loved the most was my Floating quilt.  It uses the Magic Carpet quilt pattern by Christina Camelli.  I used her printout from the pattern and I was able to figure out how to make the quilt into a queen size.  


My sister's son also really liked this pattern.  So while I was unavailable my sister and my mom went and picked out fabric for two very similar quilts.  They did a great job.  I cut out both quilts at the same time.  


Cheetah's quilt has the red in the center.  My nephew's quilt has purple in the center.  I used the long arm to hold all the columns as I was piecing the quilt.  

 
This quilt is 93 inches square without borders and 99 inches square with borders.


The Bernina Q24 was still being serviced, so I basted the quilt in my basement.  


Then I quilted it with the Tiara. 


Cheetah wanted a flame-like design for the quilting. 


While it would have gone faster using the long arm, it quilted up very easily.  (It is the basting on the floor that is a lot more work than loading a quilt onto the long arm machine.)


Kitty once again enjoyed testing it out before I got the binding on.  I love how she matches the quilt!


Cheetah loves his new quilt and I love how it looks on his bed.  


I also made the three pillows on his bed.  

XX,
Jasmine

2 comments:

  1. The red in the center just glows! I agree that basting on the floor isn't nearly as easy as loading a quilt on a longarm, but I still don't have the space for a longarm in our new location. The flame quilting looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job on the colors, piecing and wow to the quilting with your sit down! You are a master at that:)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!