Thursday, September 15, 2022

A Table Runner for My Mom


In September 2020 my mom gave me a quilt top which was pieced by my Great Grandmother Dora.  It was a little long and skinny, so I unpicked the top and bottom rows.  I finished her quilt and set those blocks aside for a few months.  

I had some time right before Christmas and decided to make a table runner for my mother.  She has a blue and green table cloth from Williams and Sonoma that is very similar to one of the fabrics in these bocks.  I had a blue solid fabric also similar to the blocks which I used for the backing.  


The table runner fit perfectly on Bunny's dresser.  I may have to make her a pink one the same size.  


Here is another peek at GG's quilt and pillow cases in my bedroom earlier this year.  


I love that my mom and I have a matching table runner and quilt pieced by her grandmother.  

XX,
Jasmine

2 comments:

  1. What a treasure for you and your mom to have something that touched your great grandmas hands. She would be thrilled to see it was still around and being used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very special table runner to have created for her. I'm sure she treasures it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!