Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Wedding Quilt for C & N


My niece Mrs. C got married at the end of 2020.  Due to travel and group restrictions I was uable to attend her wedding.  When I asked her about colors for a gift she said, "I love pink."  I just couldn't bring myself to make an all pink quilt for a wedding quilt.  So I added my trusty black and white prints.  This quilt is a lot like another wedding quilt I made for T and J.  I just added the pink.  

This was my fabric pull in December 2020. I figured that with 30 fabrics and 20 rows, five pinks would give me one pink for each row.  I tried to pick some pinks that would stand out against the neutrals.  


I cut out the rectangles four by ten inches and laid them on the design wall.  


A black and white photograph helped me check for value distribution.  


Then I had to stack up the columns and put the quilt aside for a little while.  I pulled the stack out after finishing Monkey's Pokemon quilt and decided to finish it up before taking my long arm in for routine servicing.  I pieced all the columns and put them over the longarm rails. 


Pretty soon the quilt top was all together.  


The next day I loaded it on the Q24 and quilted it with loops in a line.  At the last minute I decided to quilt one heart on the bottom row.  



I trimmed it and put the binding on immediately. 


The backing is a light gray minky.  You can see the single heart in the picture below.  


After I finished it up I called my parents.  My niece and her husband live about four hours away.  I asked my parents if they knew anyone going down who could deliver it for me.  They informed me that I could deliver it myself as my niece was going to their house that same day.  


Talk about perfect timing!  I was able to give it to my niece and meet my new nephew for the first time that day.  I don't have many pictures of myself, but here I am with my niece.  When I pointed out the one heart on the quilt my niece said, "I love hearts!"

It is so much fun quilting for appreciative people.

XX,
Jasmine

1 comment:

  1. The black and white photo to check for value positioning is so smart. And the loops in each row are so tidy, but the addition of the heart really makes the whole thing perfect. I'm so glad you could gift the quilt to her in person!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!