Wednesday, October 12, 2022

From 2021 to 2022

 
I ended the year 2021 with a higher number of UFO's and WIP's than normal for me.  It was a crazy and busy year.  I guess that sometimes it was more fun for me to cut out a quilt and start a new one than to sit and piece what was already started. I'm okay with that.  (Especially because I have since finished all of them.)  I am just grateful I had quilting to keep me going even if I wasn't blogging.  


I cut out and pieced the blocks for this yellow ombre nine-patch in March 2021.


I cut out and laid out the blocks for my April bed quilt in April 2021.  


I cut out the pieces for these two rectangle quilts in August 2021.


I started piecing these improv log cabin blocks in December 2021.


And I started this jewel box quilt on commission before Christmas 2021.  (My first finish of 2022.)

I ended the year 2021 with one work in progress and five UFO's. It really isn't bad, but it is more scattered than I usually like to feel.  

I also ended the year 2021 with 13 personal quilts, 5 pillows, 4 friend and family quilts, 2 baby blankets, 2 drawstring bags, and 1 mini quilt all finished.  

I can already tell you that 2022 has been an even bigger year of finishes with more than double the number of personal quilts completed.  I still have a lot to blog about.  Thank you for taking the time to read my posts.  

XX,
Jasmine

3 comments:

  1. I work best when I don't have a lot of projects going at once, but that said, sometimes there are good reasons to start something and set it aside for a while. It sounds like you've had a really amazing and productive 2022; I look forward to continuing to get all caught up with what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the opposite for 2021. I actually finished every quilt i started and I think I broke my record of numbers made. This year's goal is to use up all the donated fabrics and years old UFO's (just finished 2)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you had a great quilting year last year. I hope this year is even better for you. You have great goals!

      Delete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!