Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Giant Log Cabin

 


This is a quilt I made while in the middle of a big commission project.  I needed something simple and fun.  It is inspired by the giant log cabin quilt made by Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation.  Here is a link to her tutorial.  

My quilt is made with scraps, stash, and a recent purple purchase. A big thanks to my friend Mischelle whose scraps has enhanced my own this year.  I started in the middle with a fussy cut economy block and worked my way out.  


It only took a day and a half to build this log cabin.


I quilted it on the Bernina Q24 when I had the time.  

I quilted it with loops and daisies because I used some daisy fabric.  



I quilted around the fussy cut daisy in the middle.  


I was so excited to finish it that I didn't take any good pictures of the whole thing immediately.  It is my first all purple quilt that I have made for me (and it is my favorite color). I wanted to replace a different quilt that was on my new sofas for May--my purple month.  The quilt on the sofa is the back of my Jolly Rancher quilt.  


I love having it on the sofa.



The quilts on my sofa get used by the family when they haven't been dragging around their own favorite minky blanket or quilt.  


Like what happens with many quilts, it had to be washed before I got a picture of the whole thing.  So here it is all cozy after a wash.  



I think I need more purple quilts for my collection.  

XX,
Jasmine

3 comments:

  1. If purple is your favorite color, I agree that you need more purple quilts. <3 The crinkle makes the quilt look even more cuddly; I bet it is delightful to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing that we both love purple and yet we don't have many purple quilts! I have one that is purple and blue but nothing all purple. Love that you were able to whip this together in 1.5 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Off to check out Kelly's tutorial, again... Congrats on your new speedy purple quilt!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!