Monday, October 24, 2022

Yellow Projects


My husband likes to keep the dresser and night stand in our bedroom covered with table toppers.  It protects the wood and hides the dust.  I had used the same table toppers for years, but the fall table toppers did not look good with my spring decor.  


I So I bought some yellow fabric and quilted it up on the long arm.  Then I cut it to the size of the dresser and night stands.  


Once I got the fit right I added binding.  


The yellow brightens up the dark wood.  


That bear paw pillow was another one of my finishes.  I love how they coordinate.  


I also made a sunshine dresden pillow.  Quilting it was so much fun.

 
It was on the bench in my entryway for spring.


These colorful pillows could become addicting.

XX,
Jasmine

4 comments:

  1. Dust is a real thing I struggle with. I love your husband's idea to cover it with a quilt. Would also make for good opportunity to practice a new quilting design. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table toppers look great in your room, and what a lovely pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make more runners for myself to cover the dust, LOL, but it is so true it does hide the dust. Your dresden pillow looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that bright cheery Dresden pillow in your entryway, and the bear paw one on your bed is such a great match and a pop! Speaking of 'pop' I just popped in your blog address to see if you'd done a swirl hook on any quilts with a Minky backing... and here's swirl hook quilting! Guess what I've just loaded?! And am hemming and hawing as to what all-over, simple, 'not quilty' design I can do on this quilt for the daughter who doesn't really like quilts, but begged me to make her this one!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!