Thursday, October 20, 2022

April Bed Quilt

 

I made a quilt for someone going through chemotherapy back in 2017 and called it Cheerful Patch.   I loved it so much that I wanted to make a similar one for me.  This quilt uses a lot of the same fabrics but is bigger with bigger squares.  


I selected the fabrics and cut six squares out of each that were seven inches big.  Then I laid them on the floor.  The quilt is 16 by 16 squares and finishes about 104 inches square.  


I wasn't able to sew them together at the time (April 2021). It was another year before I was able to piece the squares all together.  


I quilted it on the Bernina Q24 with a simple loopy line.  


I had darling company who was shopping and having a baby doll day care.  


For such a large quilt, it quilted up pretty fast.  


I bound it in one of the darker pink fabrics.  


I know I say this a lot, but I love how it turned out.  



It is definitely cheerful in my bedroom.


XX,
Jasmine

3 comments:

  1. The bright and cheerful colors are perfect for April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful and cheerful quilt. Well worth recreating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I need to make a quilt nice and big like that! Maybe there wouldn't be the tug o'war there sometimes is...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!