Saturday, October 29, 2022

Wedding Quilt for R & C


My niece Miss R recently got Married to Mr C.  When I asked them what colors they would like for a wedding quilt they sent me a picture of paint chips.  The colors ranged from gray to blue to teal to sea green.  I decided to make a 2 by 4 quilt (tutorial here) in those colors because it reminded me a little of the paint chip picture.  


This was my fabric pull for the quilt.  It was mostly scraps and a little bit of stash.  A lot of the scraps were leftover from the blue and white ocean wave quilt.  Scrap quilts are the best! Strip piecing made this quilt come together quickly.  


I quilted it on the Bernina Q24.


I did my favorite loopy spiral, but a little bit more dense than I normally do.  


It still quilted up in just a day.


I trimmed it up and made the binding.  I now have a wool pressing mat that is 60 inches wide from Amazon.  I absolutely love it for ironing yardage, long seams, and binding.  When I am not using it I can put it on the pantograph table  of my long arm.  


Then I got the binding on.  


I love how it turned out! The two by four tutorial is great.  I did cut my pieces slightly bigger so that the blocks finish at 9 by 10 inches.  




My niece and new nephew love it.


I have already made another two by four quilt for another niece with plans to make an orange one for me.  

XX,
Jasmine

P.S. I am going to try and link up with Oh Scrap! this Sunday.  Check it out for more scrappy inspiration.  

P.P.S.  I have decided to post six days a week to catch my blog up to real time faster.  ;)

5 comments:

  1. Oh it's gorgeous, Jasmine. I hope it brings the happy couple years of joy. The colors are gorgeous together. Your loopy spiral quilting is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those colors look wonderful together. I love how you customize the gifts to each person's tastes and finding fabric to go with paint chips sounds like it would have been pretty fun to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you haven't been just sitting around idle, LOL. Beautiful colors, a simple design still makes a fabulous finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely gift, Jasmine! Best of all? You are able to use some scraps! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just so pretty!! they have great taste in colors, and you have a great way of putting them together!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!