Wednesday, October 5, 2022

My Sister's Eighth Quilt


This quilt was pieced by my sister for her oldest son.  As you can tell, his favorite color is red.  He also requested a little bit of blue be added to his quilt.  This was her fabric pull.  She bought most of the fabrics, but some are from my stash and my mom's stash.  


I helped her with all of the cutting and she pieced the quilt at her house.  It is a disappearing nine patch made from five inch squares.  I quilted it on the Bernina Q24 for her.  


She again chose the loopy spiral quilting.  


I trimmed the quilt and laid it on the floor.  


I was exhausted after vacuuming and cleaning up the black minky.  So I put my feet up before even attempting the binding.  


Sweet Kitty kept playing on her side of the room.  Her favorite activity is sorting by color.  


Eventually I found the energy to finish the binding.  


This quilt turned out so beautiful.  My sister did a great job selecting fabrics.  They blend together very well.  



My sister is getting very good at making quilts (or at least quilt tops).  While she enjoys it, she loves painting even more.  

XX,
Jasmine

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, those fabrics and colors really pop. And I'm with Kitty; sorting by color is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!