Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Custom Disappearing Nine Patch


My friend Linda commissioned me to make this quilt for her sister who loves blue.  We picked out the fabrics together and I did everything else.  


That day after shopping I was able to cut out all of the five inch squares.  Then I got started on piecing the blocks.  


I divided all of the blocks into fourths so that each quadrant of the quilt has the same amount of each fabric.  


Piecing all the blocks together went really fast.  


I quilted it on the Bernina Q24 with a pretty blue bird fabric for the backing.


I quilted it with the loopy spiral.  


Then I got the navy blue binding on.


I love how it turned out!



After finishing the quilt I used some of the scraps to make a matching tote bag.  



Linda and her sister loved them both.

XX,
Jasmine

2 comments:

  1. The navy blue binding frames the quilt so well, and how wonderful that you made a gift tote bag from the scraps. You are so generous with you time and skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a little ooh! when I saw you made a tote with some of the scraps. Great finish! No wonder Linda and her sister were so pleased.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!