Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Pink Princess Log Cabin


This is my pink princess log cabin quilt.  I started it back in December 2021 when I needed something fun to get me motivated to sew.  Each block has a princess, butterfly, or other special center.   I got a lot done on the first day. 


But then I had to put it aside to work on some commission quilts.  


It was so much fun to make that it only took me a few days once I pulled it back out to work on it in April 2022.  


My little princess enjoyed her tea party in the studio while I worked on it. 


I quilted it on the Bernina Q24 with an mixture of different quilting motifs.  


I love improv quilting on improv quilts.


One of my sisters told me that she thought this was my best quilting ever.  


It is pretty front and back.


I trimmed it up and bound the quilt in a darker pink.  


It was such a fun quilt to make.


It looked pretty on my sofa as well.  


Sofa quilts are always ready for a snuggle...


Or a quilt fort.  


I may make a bunch more improv log cabin quilts.  They are great for using up scraps.

XX,
Jasmine

P.S.  I am going to try and link up with Oh Scrap! this Sunday.  Visit the linky party for more scrappy inspiration.  

5 comments:

  1. So pretty in pink, did you use the Accuquilt die for this? I bought that die and did a few blocks with reproduction and haven't gotten back to it. Your quilting is magnificent on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not. I forgot to say that these are improv log cabins. I used what I had and squared them up to 12.5 inches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting is superb, and it looks like it was a joy to make from start to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a pretty and sweet quilt, Jasmine! Fun to see it both displayed on your couch, and being used for snuggling and tents. That's why we make quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful quilt! I like the improv nature of your blocks !!! and it is quilted wonderfully!! I love it... but... your floors... how do you keep them SOOOOOO clean ;-) haha!! I am jealous!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!