Thursday, November 17, 2022

Nephew Quilt for M


This quilt is for my nephew M.  His favorite color combination is white, black, and gold.  But good gold quilting fabrics can be hard to find.  So I went with his second favorite color combination: black and dark red.  This was my fabric pull. 


I used the picket fence quilt pattern for my inspiration.  It is found in the Jolly Bar Book Volume 1 from the Fat Quarter Shop.  I used yardage for my quilt instead of an actual Jolly Bar. I got M's quilt cut out and planned on the design wall.  


Most of the time I piece the columns first, but on this quilt I pieced the top in rows.  


I added a 2.5 inch cut black border.  I think it looks so much better with the border. 


It was then put aside waiting for minky backing while I worked on a couple other projects.  After finishing my August bed quilt I put it on the frames.  


I quilted it in my favorite loopy spiral.


Then I trimmed it up and added binding.  


I finished it in September this year and added it to the niece and nephew quilt stack.  


Then I took some better pictures outside in the middle of October.  






The sunlight really made the reds glow.  


I told M that I had a gift for him earlier this month.  He stopped by the next day to pick it up.  He loves his quilt and thought it was too nice to use for anything but decoration.  I told him that I hoped he used it and he could machine wash it separately on delicate cycle.  I also told him that when he wrapped up in it that he had to remember that he is loved no matter what.  

XX,
Jasmine

2 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful quilt and I'm sure at some point nephew M will wrap himself in the quilt and feel the love. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that M does chose to use the quilt and not just for decoration. And you are so right that the reds really glow in the sunlight.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!