Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Kitty's New Quilt


This quilt is for my youngest daughter, Kitty.  I have been saying for a while that her favorite color is orange and that she needed an orange quilt.  When I saw Sandra's Grapefruit Pizzazz quilt I knew which pattern I wanted to use.  I made a cool color quilt in this pattern before which Sandra had loved.  I love how we can inspire each other.  

I decided to include some yellow fabrics in the orange quilt because it is her second favorite color.  I included the pinks so that it would match the rest of her bedroom.  This was my fabric pull.  Five of the fabrics were chosen by Kitty herself.  Every time we enter a quilt shop she is drawn to the orange section and thinks she needs some fabric of her very own.  


The rectangles of her quilt are cut 5 inches by 9.5 inches.  I love how she matches her quilt in the picture below.  


Once I got the top assembled it had to wait for borders until I pieced a similar quilt for Bunny.  Her backing is a pretty peach minky.


My quilt inspector had to sit very close while I added the borders to the two quilt tops.


Hers was the first one quilted on the long arm.  


I decided to quilt it with paisleys, spirals, and hearts.


I was able to quilt it in the morning while Bunny was at school.


(Bunny's was quilted that afternoon.)  I added the binding the next morning.  It is the same peach as her border.  


The colors look so much better outside.  I sometimes call this quilt Sun Kissed.  







It looks so pretty in her bedroom.


Her favorite animal is a fox.  Sometime I would like to make a fox quilt to hang on her wall.


I'm so glad she loves her new quilt.

XX,
Jasmine

2 comments:

  1. Sun Kissed is the perfect name for these colors and her quilt. It looks fantastic, and I can see the excitement and joy in her face. That is going to be one well loved quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am smitten with this one! It's such a great pattern, and I love the Minky on the back but the best is seeing Miss Bunny quilt inspector overseeing the operations! I, too, love how we inspire each other all around blog land, but especially with favourite peeps like you my friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!