Friday, November 11, 2022

Red Delicious


Ever since the first red coin quilt I made bled onto the cream background I have wanted to make an all red quilt.  I had been saving certain fabrics for it.  Over the years the pattern in my head has changed.  It started out as triangles, changed to tumblers, changed to squares, and then changed to rectangles.  There it stayed.  I love how the 4 inch by 10 inch cut rectangles look in all red.  This was my original fabric pull.  


Once I got it cut and on the design wall I didn't like some of the fabrics.  


So I traded some fabrics for others.  


Once I found a layout I liked I quickly pieced the quilt top.  


I quilted it on the Bernina Q24.


I decided to quilt mostly loops with scattered hearts.


I think there are about two to three hearts per row.  


Then I had to decide on a binding.  


I chose the more speckled one.  


Both this quilt and Tyler's are made with four inch wide cut pieces yet they look so different.  


It looked so pretty on my sofas.


And I loved it by the Red Roselyn quilt.


But I loved it most by my apple quilt.  It's name comes from apples.  (Not that I actually like to eat red delicious apples, but they look pretty.)


Later on I took some pictures outside.  





I love this red quilt.  It is perfect for decorating in February, July, September, and December.  

XX,
Jasmine

1 comment:

  1. I love getting to see how different this quilt looks compared to your nephew's version!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!