Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Baby Gifts


My favorite baby gift is still a quilted flannel blanket that finishes about 40 x 50 inches.  I had a lot of friends who were having babies during the summer so I quickly finished up a pile of baby blankets.  


My 60 inch wide wool pressing mat got a good workout.  After pressing the flannel I pieced together batting scraps and quilted them on the long arm.  It felt great to use up all that leftover batting. Once the flannel is quilted you can't even tell that the batting was pieced.  








 All nine of the blankets were finished at the end of May and beginning of June.  Then my studio needed a good cleaning.  


It is always nice to reset after a big project.  All nine have been gifted so I ended up having to make another in the fall.  


I still have more flannel I need to use so I can have some gifts ready made. 

XX,
Jasmine

2 comments:

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!