Thursday, November 3, 2022

Nephew Quilt for N


This quilt is for my nephew N.  I made it in the beginning of June.  He told me that his favorite color combo is dark blue with a light neutral.  I didn't know if that meant navy blue or a dark royal blue.  So I decided to make a quilt with both.  The large plus quilt was a great solution.  Each square is cut out at 8 inches.  Most of the fabrics were also used in the custom dashing star quilts I made.  


I enjoyed putting the squares up on my design wall.  Then I pieced the quilt top.  It came together quickly.  


I quilted it on the Bernina Q24.


I can quilt a loopy spiral on a lap quilt in just a couple hours.  


After the quilting I got the binding on quickly.  


The backing is a light blue minky.  


Here is N's quilt with his brother G's quilt.  


I did enjoy N's quilt on my wall for the month of July.  


Later in the year I took some pictures outside.  





Luckily my husband has installed a couple hooks inside the arbor.  I can now hang quilts up by myself.  


I seem to be better at making quilts than photographing and actually gifting them this year.  However, I did drop both quilts off at my brother’s house last night along with a couple others. My brother will make sure they get their quilts. 

XX,
Jasmine

1 comment:

  1. Gifting quilts can be tricky. I'm sorry you won't get to be there to gift them in person, but I'm sure N and G will get lots of use and love out of what you've made for them.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!