Monday, November 21, 2022

Custom Plus Quilt


This is the second quilt my friend Linda has commissioned me to make.  It is for one of her sisters.  She wanted the quilt to be mostly green, blue, and purple with a little pink.  We picked out the fabrics together and I did the rest.  She chose to use the same pattern as the last one I made for my niece S.  

I laid out the blocks on my design floor and Linda loved the layout.  


I sewed all the blocks together and added a 2.5 inch cut white border. I really like how the border makes the pluses float a little more.  Another difference is that this background is Kona Snow instead of Kona White.  


 She wanted me to quilt it with spirals and paisleys.  


It was quilted on the Bernina Q24.


I quilted it all in one day.


Then I added a dark blue binding.


It turned out so beautiful.



This photo was taken the day after my husband refinished the bench, but before he added the hooks to the arbor.


She wanted me to make a matching tote bag with the scraps like last time.  



The bag is perfect for carrying the quilt.


I am so glad that Linda and her sister love what I made.  She has a third sister she wants me to make a quilt for. We are waiting until this sister moves into her new house to decide on colors.  

XX,
Jasmine

P.S.  I will be linking up with Oh Scrap on Sunday.  Check it out to see what other quilters make with their scraps.  

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work, Jasmine, and I agree that the extra border around the quilt really helps the plus signs float. Using the scraps to make a handy tote bag is so smart!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!