Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Mini Kitty Quilts


One day in September my mother and I went to a quilt show and then to a nearby quilt shop.  Miss Kitty came with us.  She kept eyeing all of the orange fabric so I let her pick two fat quarters.  She happily carried them around the store.  She loved the orange kitty fabric the most.  My plan was to make her and Miss Bunny some matching Halloween draw string bags. Miss Kitty had other ideas.  


Miss Kitty played with the fat quarters all day.  She kept calling them her quilt.  She even wrapped up her pink fox in the fat quarters.  


The next day I added some flannel for batting and made them into an actual little quilt.  


It still worked out well for her fox who was all cozy when listening to Teddy Ruxpin tell a story.  


Miss Kitty calls it her Kitty Quilt because of all the black cats.  

I knew that Miss Bunny would also want a mini quilt.  I pulled out a minky scrap and some Frozen fabric my friend gave me to make this little quilt.  


It was Bunny approved.


Bunny also calls this her "Kitty Quilt" because it is used for her white kitty.  


It reminds me of when I had to do something very similar for my three boys.  


Just don't tell my daughters that the boys' quilts were much bigger than theirs.

XX,
Jasmine

2 comments:

  1. What a cute story! Your girls are just so sweet, I love that Kitty called those FQ's a quilt:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, the kitty quilts are precious and I love how clearly your children associate loving care with being wrapped in a quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!