Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Niece Quilt for D


This quilt is for my niece D.  Her three favorite colors are burgundy, yellow, and lime green.  I don't really have burgundy fabric in my stash so I decided to make a yellow and green quilt.  This is a two by four quilt.  Here is the tutorial by Film in the Fridge.    This is the second 2 x 4 quilt I have made and it is not the last.  (I already have an orange and cream one made for me.)  

I do things a little differently than her tutorial.  I use one width of fabric strip per fabric and cut my pieces slightly bigger.  My blocks finish at 9 by 10 inches.  Here is my fabric pull.  


The colors in the quilt look so much better close up.  


I really enjoy strip piecing and then cutting the strips sets smaller.  


My design wall is the perfect size for the lap quilts I enjoy making. Just ignore my shadow in the picture.  


Here is the finished quilt top.


I quilted it on the Bernina Q24.  


It is my second time quilting these offset wiggly lines.  The first time I quilted them parallel to my bars.  This time I quilted them perpendicular to the bars.  It was so much easier this way.  


I love the texture from the wiggles.  I am sure I will quilt like this again.  


The quilt is bound in a green polka dot fabric from my stash.  



This quilt was added to my nephew quilt stack.  I took some pictures outside later.  (Are you noticing the pattern here?)







I took pictures of several quilts outside that day.  I was able to deliver D’s quilt in person last week. She especially loved the minky on the back. 

XX,
Jasmine

3 comments:

  1. It's such a bright and happy quilt, and who wouldn't be excited about a minky backing (especially right now as it's cooling off for winter). I'm so glad you were able to deliver the quilt to D in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabrics you chose for this quilt are so fun and bright. Every time I see that minky back I just want to squeeze it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! What a great finish! I really like those colors together.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!